Pages

Tuesday 30 November 2010

He's a Celebrity - Get him out of here

Celebrity.  How I detest that word.  Ask any wanna-be what he or she wants most out of life and the answer is invariably "I want to be famous".  Not the best at this or that, or even famous for doing this or that, just, "famous".

What a sad empty ambition that is.  I don't want to be known for anything (mostly because I have no recognizable talent of any sort) I just want to be known.

Once upon a time, not all that long ago, there were vast numbers of eager talented young people, some of whom could write, sing, dance or act, whatever their particular gift they all had something to offer, something they did well and of which they were proud,  Sometimes they became celebrated and admired for their ability to entertain, amuse, or bewitch with their performances.

When did this wonderful potential disappear, to be replaced with a "Midwitch Cuckoo" population of grey, personalityless celebrities who have nothing to say, nothing to offer, and nothing between their ears?

Last evening, bored and with nothing much to do I scanned the TV channels to see what was on offer. You,ve guessed it, "I'm a Celebrity Get me out of Here".  Oh  I do so wish someone would!

In the end I wound up watching yet another repeat, but at least a well-acted one with lovely settings, in short "Lewis".  A real programme.!

Anyone for tennis?

No comments:

Post a Comment