Pages

Thursday 22 September 2011

Return to the Dark Ages

I have just watched a part of a news report on the disgusting 'entertainment' of Cage Fighting.

This barbarous return to the age of unenlightenment
was made even more worrying in that the two protagonists were aged eight and nine years old respectively.

The crowd (it was not made plain whether they were a paying audience) consisted almost exclusively of middle-aged men.

I have no idea where this took place, was too perturbed to watch any more, so possibly missed some mitigating factor, but the fact that it happened at all is enough to ring alarm bells in any right-thinking adult.

That children, without the right training, tend toward a sort of natural savagery, is well documented, but the active involvement of 'caring' adults in this apparently legal form of human  'bear baiting' is truly frightening.

True, I haven't all the facts, frankly, nor do I want them, but I saw enough to convince me that something needs to be done, and fast, to remove the legality of this form of child abuse.

2 comments:

  1. I saw the end of this news item as well - barbaric - words fail me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Freda
    I'm so glad someone else saw it. I was beginning to think I'd imagined it.
    As you say. totally barbaric. What a sad reflection on evolution.

    ReplyDelete