Pages

Monday 1 June 2020

FREEDOM ???

This picture just about sums up the position we all ought to be occupying if we are still obeying one set of rules.

We are apparently allowed out now, that is, those of us who have been shut in our homes since mid-March.

While one part of me is dying to get back into something like normal, the other, more cautious part is saying "hold on, it really isn't safe out there yet".

I am one of the very lucky ones who have really good, kind caring neighbours who have done all my shopping for nearly eleven weeks.

This has made me eternally grateful, but also very lazy, and changing the pattern is going to be difficult.

As  I don't drive and the town is 2 aand a half miles away, there is no way I could walk there and back, let alone carry heavy shopping, so the only solution is to risk travelling by bus and getting a taxi home.

Frankly, I'm scared stiff at the mere thought of being that close to so many people and I am quite worried about doing so until there is more certainty about the progress we are making in this fight with a deadly invisible enemy.

Courage is one thing, stupid careless behaviour something else entirely.

Help!  What is the right thing to do?

6 comments:

  1. Ray have you considered having your food delivered? Tesco brings mine every couple of weeks or so...no need to go out...even the smaller local shops are happy to deliver...it’s worth thinking about....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean I am hopeless on line, I tried on two previous occasions to order that way and had to give up the attempt.
    The other problem is that I don't buy from Tesco normally but from Sainsbury,s and M & S and don' t eat meat so rely on balancing my diet with known products.
    Obviously I've had to adapt with Lynne doing my shopping.
    A total change would be difficult.
    Does that sound as though I'm making excuses I probably am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mum is in her 80s and remains at home and shielding. It is tough though, feels like an eternity. I have now returned to college and students arrive back on Monday though my life is still in many ways restricted. Take care and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue, it is indeed an eternity 12 weeks yesterday in my case, feels like 12 years.
    I'm glad you are getting back to normal but hope you are still being careful. Now is not the time to take risks.
    We ancient ones will just take a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sainsburys offer help to vulnerable people unable to order on-line by placing an order over the phone...their website gives 0800 328 1700 for enquires..or you could phone your local Sainsburys to enquire..good luck.

    ReplyDelete