Pages

Wednesday 26 January 2022

Returning to the Arena

 I have no idea whether this will work but am attempting to re-enter the world of Blog. 

Last July I decided that since my life was on hold until pandemic rules were dropped I would not bore anyone with more blogs about nothing at all. 

From October when i had made up my mind to go back to church/choir nothing but problems filled my daily life. First several weeks of agonising sciatica, followed by a large cyst on my back which I could neither see nor reach, entailing trips to the surgery 3times a week for cleaning packing of the wound and dressing etc,  Great fun!

A chill causing stomach problems and a series of nose-bleeds, sudden and heavy.  All these and a breakdown of my gas central heating pump. followed by a leak through the ceiling and down the central light fitting in the small bedroom (on Christmas Eve) have filled my every waking moment with the expectation of a plague of locusts any day now.  Other than that, life has been boring for the past 2 years and I didn't feel inclined to share my gloom with all and sundry.  


Were it 

8 comments:

  1. Welcome to my gloom too,just lovely to have you back amongst us as we go from troughs to hilltops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may start blogging again too: great minds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ray

    Hoping that:

    # your health problems are less troubling;
    # you are beginning to see and appreciate signs of spring; and that
    # you know that you are very much part of a loving community at St Mary’s.

    Graham

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to you all for your responses and apologies for my own lack of res;ponse.
    Health problems are ongoing but are at last being dealt with so daylight at end of tunnel.
    Now all I need is motivation. Anyone have a spare sack or two lying around?
    Will try to do better

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Ray, It has been years since I blogged and dropped by to see how you are doing. Sending you hugs. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jane, it's good to hear from you, even if I have only just caught up.
    I am back with the choir at St Mary's which is a huge step
    in the right direction.
    Blogging has been at the bottom of my list for a long time now but as life is resuming in something like normal I will try to send out the occasional semaphore just to see if anyone is still out there.
    We live (we, the lucky ones) in interesting times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must be relieved somewhat to be back with the choir Ray. (apparently Jean R had been ill & and was in hospital. Not sure whether she was fit enough to return home)
    Stay well, Ray x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Barb, thanks for the info about Jean. Let's hope she is recovering well.
    Yes, it is great to be back with a real live choir after the past rotten two years.
    Trying to sing "masked" is however, a different challenge.
    Still it is much better than having to follow the service online, though that too has been a blessing.
    I hope you are back with your choir now and that life is being a bit kinder to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete