Pages

Wednesday 6 March 2019

Ash Wednesday


We (yes the choir of St Mary the Virgin) sang this beautiful anthem at this evening's Ashing Service.

Though I say it as shouldn't, we  did a pretty creditable job and the accolades are rolling in.

It is rare that we manage to do justice to a really difficult work, bujt this time we did.

I can go to bed happy for a change.

The version with this post is a good one but I think ours was almost as good.

A wonderful beginning to Lent.  Deo Gracias!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you Ray......that’s made a good start to the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know whether you were able to playu the piece Jean? For some reason my 'play' button isn't working and is showing 'mute'
    Oh how I loath technological problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I played the organ at an Ash Wednesday service yesterday (see blog) and there was smoke!! Yuk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps you should have yelled 'fire' and legged it Colin.

    ReplyDelete