Pages

Wednesday 27 December 2017

!!!!!!!!!!! And a Merry Christmas to you too !!!!!!

 After a very heavy schedule of Christmas music resulting in a mere 3 hours sleep in 48 hours, I felt entitled to slump and do nothing for a day or two in comfort and warmth and without interruption.  The scammers had other ideas.

Yesterday (Boxing Day) I had a call purporting to be from the telephone preference company.  They began by asking if I had received many cold calls recently, I answered that I had, far too many.  They then said they would re-register me and could ensure that both local and overseas calls could be prevented.

Slightly bemused and still very tired I confirmed my name and address (which they had already quoted) but they then asked me to confirm when my bank debit card (name of bank correct) was due to expire.

At last my exhausted brain clicked into gear and I refused to confirm the date, which appeared to confuse them.

They then asked me for the 3 number figure on the back of my card.

Finally, brain at last firing on all cylinders, I said "There is no way i am giving you that information" and put the phone down.

This morning they rang me again at 10. am and again at 12 . 15.  This time I made no reply at all and having put the receiver down checked with 1471 that it was the same number who had called me previously.  It was.

Having checked on line i found that nearly 800 people had tried to find out who this caller is.

Just for the record, and in case you are the next one to be called the number is 01613540623.

Stay alert.

2 comments:

  1. Well done for dealing with the scammers - insidious isn't it? Blessings for the New Year. Freda from Dalamory

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure I 'dealt' with them Freda, but at least I recognised them for what they were before it was too late. (This time).
    It is not nice to have to be wary every time the phone rings, but perhaps better than the alternative.
    New Year Blessings to you and yours too.

    ReplyDelete