Pages

Sunday 31 December 2017

2018

Happy New Year to all who happen on this blog and "May the force be with you".

Spock.  He of the memorable ears meant well and so do I, even  if my new years greeting is perhaps not the conventional one.

I had intended to let the new year make its entrance without my company but so noisy are the fireworks in this area there is no point in going to bed.

The first bangs and crashes began about 9.45pm and the volume is increasing by the minute.

It is now 10.25pm my eyes are heavy but at least I have the luxury of not having to get up in the morning until I choose, so loss of sleep now is of little consequence.

It has been for me as for many others a year of mixed fortunes, emotions and moods and I live in hope that 2018 will be better.

Normally I don't make resolutions but this year I have decided to seek out another social group besides the church ones to try to make some new friends before it is too late.

How that is to be accomplished I don't yet know, but it will happen, and when it does I will blog about it.

A Happy Healthy Good New Year to you all.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Ray, I look forward to your blogs that reflect how you are making new friends. After living in Minnesota for 38 years and making many friends there, I moved here to Missouri at age 73. I was retired and so had no job where I'd meet people and my health was too off-kilter to allow me to volunteer anywhere that needed me on a schedule. So I've made few friends in the last 8 years.

    I hope you have better fortune with this. As we age, we so need to keep socializing. I spend quite a bit of time on the phone, "keeping in touch."

    I hope that 2018 is a year in which your hope for more friends will be manifested.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the good wishes Dee. I know it will be a challenge.
    I will be 83 in March and am in reasonable health despite having parkinson's disease, but am aware of limited energy etc.
    Much as i value my friends in the church, too much time spent there is making me a bit lop-sided so am hoping to find some established group I can join which will open my life up a bit.
    May I also wish you some new friends this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Ray....sorry it’s belated ..... I think you’ll have no trouble in finding new friends and wish I lived a bit closer...xxx Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you too Jean. I hope you're right, time will tell.
    I'm sorry your last few cruises seem to be less rewarding than they used to be. Perhaps you should try something nearer home - a luxury hotel in a part of the UK you have never seen or somewhere at least less prone to nasty bugs.
    I'm glad your heating is fixed. So important to we ancient ones.

    ReplyDelete