Pages

Sunday 25 July 2010

Novice

Hello World. In case anyone thinks I've lost the plot, this is the first time I've ever used the internet. At my advanced age of .....years computers and I have never previously crossed swords.

A bit of a steep learning curve but what the Hell, nothing venture.....

Widowed just under a year ago after 38 years of marriage, life seemed to have shut down on me and the only way out from under was to try to do everything I had never had time or opportunity to try before.

Among the seemingly endless list of negatives were things like: learning to drive, learning to use a computer, mobile phone, ride a bike, swim and dozens of others. I began by starting to sing again after 24 years, first having singing lessons so I could join the Parish Church choir without frightening the crows out of the trees.

Next came the first driving lesson of my life. Quite terrifying for me, but even more so for my poor driving instructor. After ten fairly hair-raising lessons he was kind enough to say he thinks I will make it (eventually)! I'm not so sure but will continue until I kill my first pedestrian...... do they have driving lessons in prison?

Hurdle no 3 is the biggy, bought the computer etc., found someone who kindly set it up for me now comes the hard part, learning to use the .......thing. Help!

Speak to you later. Or maybe not, depends...

No comments:

Post a Comment